Lumina Core Values
Lumina Foundation is committed to making opportunities for learning beyond high school available to all. We believe in equity and justice. We envision a system of higher education that is easy to navigate, achieves fair outcomes, and meets the nation’s talent needs through a broad range of quality credentials.
We live out our values through our words and actions. These are the values we exhibit in the workplace.
- We work to establish an environment of trust that provides safety for our colleagues and partners, to be honest, open, and vulnerable.
- We understand innovation and progress hinge on respect for one another and openness to share ideas.
- We appreciate direct feedback as an instrument to improve our work.
- We keep an open mind for ways to improve and make time to reflect on our work.
- We pursue excellence by working together to innovate, iterate, learn, and improve.
- We believe everyone is essential and plays an important role.
- We are diverse and inclusive by design, embracing each other’s unique talents and honoring different life and work styles.
- We seek partners who deeply value equity and justice.
- We believe how we get things done is as important as what we achieve.
- We provide an environment that fosters personal development and professional growth for everyone.
- We show up for our partners so that they can continue to produce great work.
- We show up for each other, act with empathy, and bring our authentic selves to work to establish a sense of belonging for all.
- We are conscientious stewards of our resources.
- We desire well-being for staff and celebrate their lives beyond work.