Supporting parenting studentsSept. 14, 2021
Nearly 1 in 4 college students today have children or care for dependents. Colleges and universities are often not set up to support parenting students. Nicole Lynn Lewis of Generation Hope, and Buffy Tanner and Janet Hubbard of Shasta College join us to talk about what is being done to support parenting students.
To learn more about student parents, check out the following resources:
- Who are Today’s Students?
- Read the 2020 Hope Center Report, surveying the views of more than 23,000 parenting students.
- Check out “Pregnant Girl”, Nicole Lynn Lewis’ memoir.
- Learn more about Shasta College’s award winning ACE program.
- Enter the lives of parenting students through Rachel Bujalski’s photojournalism work.