Latest InnoCentive challenge
LIFT PRIZE 2017
Why Lumina Impact Ventures?
Because of the time-limited nature of Goal 2025, we have just 8 years to reach the goal. If our current pace continues unchanged, we're projected to fall short of the targeted number of Americans with credentials by 10.9 million. The urgency of this situation calls for more innovation in our philanthropic approach. Impact Ventures is Lumina's newest tool to leverage additional resources and accelerate impact.
What can we expect from Lumina Impact Ventures?
The role of Lumina Impact Ventures (LIV) is to identify promising solutions that improve attainment for traditionally underrepresented populations and turn those solutions into scalable and investable opportunities to accelerate progress toward Goal 2025.
Over time the social investment portfolio will achieve the following objectives:
- Drive a social return that contributes significantly toward Goal 2025;
- Deliver a financial return of 0-4% for the entire portfolio of social investments;
- Catalyze other investors and capital in support of Goal 2025;
- Build an ecosystem that is able to deliver the 21st century postsecondary learning system; and
- Drive a learning return to inform our grant making.
- Credly—a technology platform for verifying, sharing and managing digital badges and credentials that empowers the recognition of lifelong achievement;
- BridgeEdU—the provider of intervention services to improve retention and college completion targeting the highest-risk first-year college students;
- Viridis Learning— a technology platform of guided career pathways building students’ Skills Passports that help match with employer hiring needs; and
- New Profit—a leading accelerator with a long history and proven record of scaling high-impact nonprofit organizations.
- Citvas Learning—an education data science company that provides insights and tools to optimize student learning, retention, and completion.
Apply for investment capital
See if your organization or company qualifies and apply today.