Why Lumina Impact Ventures?
With just 8 years left to reach Lumina's 2025 goal – at our current pace – we're projected to fall short of the targeted number of Americans with credentials beyond high school by 10.9 million. The urgency of this situation calls for more innovation in our philanthropic approach. Impact Ventures is Lumina's newest tool to leverage additional resources and accelerate impact.
Apply for investment capital
See if your organization or company qualifies and apply today.
- BridgeEdU—the provider of intervention services to improve retention and college completion targeting the highest-risk first-year college students.
- Camelback Ventures – An accelerator focused on addressing inequities of entrepreneurship by providing coaching, capital, and connections to underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- Care Academy – education company that provides training to support in-home caregivers and the families they work with.
- Citivas Learning—an education data science company that provides insights and tools to optimize student learning, retention, and completion.
- Credly—a technology platform for verifying, sharing and managing digital badges and credentials that empowers the recognition of lifelong achievement.
- Edovo – a leading provider of education and telecom services for the incarcerated population.
- New Profit—a leading accelerator with a long history and proven record of scaling high-impact nonprofit organizations.
- Upswing – an education company providing technology-enabled student support services and solutions to improve persistence and graduation.
- Village Capital – an accelerator that finds, trains, and invests in entrepreneurs solving real-world problems; Lumina’s investment focused on the education vertical.
- Viridis Learning— a technology platform of guided career pathways building students’ Skills Passports that help match with employer hiring needs.
More About The Role of Lumina Impact Ventures?
Lumina Impact Ventures (LIV) is to identify promising solutions that improve attainment for traditionally underrepresented populations and turn those solutions into scalable and investable opportunities to accelerate progress toward Lumina's 2025 goal.
Over time the social investment portfolio will achieve the following objectives:
- Drive a social return that contributes significantly toward Goal 2025;
- Deliver a financial return of 0-4% for the entire portfolio of social investments;
- Catalyze other investors and capital in support of Goal 2025;
- Build an ecosystem that is able to deliver the 21st-century postsecondary learning system; and
- Drive a learning return to inform our grantmaking.