A stronger nation through higher education
How and why Americans must achieve a big goal for college attainment.
- The higher education attainment rate of the U.S. and every state, showing how rates have changed since last year’s report.
- The attainment rate for every county and the 100 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S.
- Breakdowns of the attainment data, including by race and ethnicity.
- One scenario for how to reach Goal 2025.
- A description of other metrics Lumina uses to track progress toward increasing college attainment.
Updated state-by-state college attainment statistics that can serve as a call to action to make higher education more accessible and attainable for all Americans.
See also a summary of metro region data pdf.