Job Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Strategic Operations
Reports to: EVP, COO, and General Counsel
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Indianapolis, USA
Compensation: $62,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, defined-contribution pension, vacation and sick time, paid family leave, employer-paid group life, and long-term disability coverage
The Executive Assistant provides legal and administrative support to:
- Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, and General Counsel
- Associate General Counsel
- Executive Assistant and Board Relations Officer
Commitment to Racial Equity
The assistant advances Lumina’s commitment to addressing systemic racism and barriers to learning after high school among students of color. The assistant will promote racial and ethnic diversity and inclusion in hiring, grantmaking, contracting, and decision-making and pursue fair and just student outcomes through Lumina’s work. The assistant will share Lumina’s commitment to racial justice and equity with external partners.
General Administrative Support
- Anticipate and proactively manage calendars, time, and workflow.
- Schedule, organize, and coordinate internal and external meetings (in-person and virtual), travel arrangements, conferences, and other departmental activities.
- Compose and/or edit internal and external communications, agreements, and other documents.
- Assist in coordinating corporate governance-related matters, including conflict of interest process and documentation, and other related processes.
- Assist with various department and all staff meetings (in-person and virtual), including preparation of materials and agendas, PowerPoint presentations, room setup, technology needs, catering, and cleanup.
- Reconcile, prepare, and submit expense reports and invoices for payment.
- Work on special project teams as requested by supervisor and other departments. This may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and coordinating direct mailings.
- Maintain supervisor’s and department files in an efficient, easily accessible manner.
- Work with and support internal committees, teams, and workgroups.
- Maintain the legal department’s electronic and physical records.
- Assist in the administration of the foundation’s Contract Lifecycle Management application.
- Assist in the management and administration of the Foundation’s compliance programs.
- Maintain the Foundation’s Enterprise Risk Assessment matrix.
- Assist in the administration and documentation of Lumina Impact Ventures’ program related investments.
CEO and Executive Support
- Maintain executive team decisions and reflections concerning grants and program-related contracts in the grants management system.
- Schedule and coordinate CEO meetings with executive team members and staff.
- Maintain Executive Team decisions on grants and program-related contracts contracts
- Ensure the location of the executive team meeting conference rooms are prepared and ready in advance of meetings
Board Relations Support
- Serve as the secondary support person to the board relations officer, who is the primary liaison to the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the creation and coordination of all schedules, mailings, agendas, minutes, and logistics for Board and committee meetings and executive team meetings.
- Attend all Board meetings and assist in the coordination and scheduling of all Board related meetings, activities, and special events.
- Attend committee meetings and assist in the creation and review of agendas, minutes, and reports each committee needs in support of its charter.
- Assist in maintaining all executive team and Board related materials, reports, SharePoint, and files.
- Assist in coordinating board governance-related matters, including board orientation, conflict of interest process and documentation, and other related processes.
Education and Experience
- AA/AS/BA/BS or another postsecondary credential;
- At least five years experience in an executive administrative support role; knowledge of corporate governance and procedures desired; or
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics
- Microsoft Office 365 skills, especially Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Teams.
- Ability to effectively use online tools to schedule travel and process expense reports.
- Interpersonal and customer relations skills that exemplify a high degree of diplomacy, tact, and professionalism, including excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to communicate concepts and activities accurately, effectively, and in ways suited to varied stakeholders.
- Ability to write and edit documents with an emphasis on grammar and spelling.
- Organizational and planning skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, triage work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to flex and adapt to meet the needs of others and work demands.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Ability to apply sound situational decision making.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work is performed in an office environment, mostly sedentary, with extensive use of various forms of technology.
- Travel occurs infrequently but may include overnight stays.
This description is only a summary of the typical job functions, not an exhaustive list of all possible responsibilities. It may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Applicants should send the following to the e-mail address below:
- a letter of interest
- resume outlining experience relevant to the position
Equal Opportunity Employer